The Employment Relations Act covers a range of topics including:
● How to understand the provisions of the Employment Act.
● Writing employment agreements.
● How to Interpret the Act and apply correctly.
● To keep up to date with the latest amendments to the Act.
● Review company HR policy and practices.
The object of the Act is to maintain fair and productive relationships between employers and their employees.
It achieves this by promoting the notion of ‘good faith’ workplace relations based on:
● Recognising that employment relationships must be built on mutual trust and confidence as well as certain legislative or legal protections
● understanding that there is a degree of inequality of power in employment relationships that needs to be mutually understood
● respecting the integrity of individual choice
● Promoting mediation as the primary problem-solving mechanism – reducing the need for judicial intervention.